Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Medieval Engineers Update 0.6.3 Patch 2
Posted on April 25th, 2018 02:53 PM EST
In this update we've resolved a memory leak that was causing memory consumption over long hours of uninterrupted play to climb steadily higher, eventually causing system performance deterioration. We also addressed the most common crashes over the past two weeks, and we will continue to monitor the game's stability after this update.
We updated the compounding settings of the pillars, they now behave consistently and how they used to. Consuming fruit juice and tea now returns you an empty jar for re-use. When interacting with other players their names now show up in the notification, and we improved the combat hit calculations to be more accurate.
For the server admins we've introduced Watchdog. Watchdog simply monitors player activity and writes it to a separate log file. It logs when players are entering other people's claimed areas, it logs when damage is dealt, and it logs diplomatic status changes. This will allow admins to track down griefers with greater accuracy. Server administrators looking for specific information can contact us with suggestions at either [email protected], leave a message in this topic, or write to Deepflame directly on Discord, and we will take it into consideration.
Finally, for the modders there were lots of little changes, have a read over at the modding changes list to see what was changed. The most important part is that your custom models should now LOD correctly.
Enjoy the update!
- Fixed several memory leaks that was leaving deleted game objects in limbo.
- Fixed saving the game while voxel hands are active crashing the game on load.
- Fixed a crash in ranged weapon reload when stamina stat was missing.
- Fixed a crash attacking blocks that were just destroyed.
- Several crash fixes to various physics related systems.
- Introducing Watchdog, it tracks server activity.
- Localized item tags that were missing localization.
- Tweaked female run animations to be a little more fluid.
- Removed torches from barbarians, they were equipping them all the time.
- When interacting with other characters their name is now displayed correctly.
- Fruit juice and tea now return the jar used to create them when they are consumed.
- Updated the hit calculations in the combat system, hitting should be more reliable now.
- Updated pillar compounding, they should now behave consistently, and as they used to.
- When loading a game with active equipment the toolbar now correctly shows the equipped state.
- Improved server-side bandwidth usage by not sending physics information for each stationary dynamic object.
- The crafting components now utilize the CraftingSpeedMultiplier, a lower value reduces the crafting time.
- Allow consumables to return items upon consumption, look at Fruit Juice and Tea for examples.
- We fixed ParallelTask getting set to null but not set to a proper value on reload.
- Changed Hunger effect definition to allow greater flexibility in modding changes.
- We updated transparent block rendering to render like it did before 0.6.3.
- Updated quest condition base to fix a modding problem.
- The Toolbar component is now an entity component.
- Model LODs for custom models now load correctly.
- The StepComponent nows support appending.
- Whitelisting Animation Variables storage.
- Whitelisting MyUseObjectsComponent.
- Whitelisting MyObjectBuilderType.
- Whitelisting Crosshair Info.
Keen Software House team
Medieval Engineers 0.6.3.4A7F35:
- Fixed a client crash when accessing lootbags on a DS with an inventory multiplier less than 1.
- Fixed a crash when unloading any equipment mods while still having the modded items equipped.
- Fixed a DS crash when spawning lootbags on a DS with an inventory multiplier less than 1.
- Fixed a crash when trying to pick up blocks when they are unloading from the game.
- Toolbars no longer disappear when alt+tabbing, or when changing game resolution.
- Altered mouse DPI handling for people with extremely high DPI settings.
- Tweaked options screen to prevent mouse sensitivity going to 0.