Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Announcing the Grand Melee!
Posted on October 16th, 2018 11:34 AM EST
We would like to tell you the tale of the evil Medieval Engineer who became king after his good brother slipped on a banana peel and broke his neck, banished his deceased brother’s children from the realm, doubled taxes across the land (hence the angry barbarians who are in a perpetual state of rebellion against the crown’s new taxes), and banned the mead machine from the Engineers break room.
Anyway, to celebrate the beginning of the evil Medieval Engineer king’s reign, he decided to organize a tournament! The grandest tournament the kingdom had ever seen! A tournament that…
Okay, so none of that actually happened. And for the record, the aforementioned tale of the evil Medieval Engineers king is not official Medieval Engineers lore.
However, what is official is that we’re very excited to announce The Grand Melee!
What is The Grand Melee?
Let us explain...
WHEN AND WHERE
Dates: Saturday, November 10th, 2018 & Sunday, November 11th, 2018.
Times: Beginning at 1 pm UTC and ending at approximately 4 pm UTC each day.
Please note: Tournament matches may last longer or shorter than expected.
Location: Keen Community Network Twitch channel, https://www.twitch.tv/keencommunitynetwork and the Medieval Engineers YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCChcFgm67v5tBdRbeBgC8XA/featured.
Brackets: We are planning to have multiple brackets for the tournament. However, this is a tentative number, as we need to see how many people sign up for the tournament.
Elimination Matches: The tournament will be running best-of-3 matches, and the eight finalists of these multiple brackets will compete in a double-elimination finals bracket.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Battlefy: If you would like to participate, please sign up here: https://battlefy.com/keen-software-house/the-grand-melee/5bbb68d83f085f03a1410e40/info
Please note: we are using Battlefy because it’s a great platform for organizing online tournaments and we believe it will help us bring the tournament’s exciting action to everyone!
Deadline: registration for the Grand Melee will close on Tuesday, October 30th, 9:59 pm UTC.
BATTLEFY PLAYER REGISTRATION FIELDS (to be filled in on https://battlefy.com/)
Public Info (everyone can see this information)
-In Game Name
-Description: If you want us to introduce you in a specific way on the stream, you can leave a short description here. We retain the right to introduce you as we wish, but you can leave a suggestion.
-Skill level/Hours Played: Boast about your abilities, taunt your opponents and you can put some flair here.
Private Info (only we will see this information)
- Email address: So we can contact you if you win the tournament.
- Steam ID: Go to https://steamidfinder.com/ and fill in your Steam ID 64 number, we need this for the tournament server whitelist.
- Banner Mod: If you already have a banner in a mod, let us know the mod steam ID(s) so we can load them onto the tournament server, but if you don't have any, leave this blank.
All aboard the swag train!
-A Medieval Engineers t-shirt.
-A signed Medieval Engineers poster.
-Your custom banner added to the game.
-A signed Medieval Engineers poster.
-Your custom banner added to the game.
-Your custom banner added to the game.
General guidelines: Banner submissions for the winners of The Grand Melee (1st, 2nd & 3rd place) must include:
-A screenshot of how your banner looks in the game.
-A background image, 512x512 PNG file.
-A foreground image, 512x512 PNG file.
-The screenshot should have a minimum resolution of 1080p, but the higher the resolution (4K for example), the better!
-You must not use copyrighted material in your banner designs. Keen Software House will automatically be granted the right to use and modify any and all entries for any and all purposes, whether or not the entrant is declared a winner. Keen Software House can reject a banner if it is deemed to be inappropriate for the game and tournament.
We would like to thank ServerBlend for providing The Grand Melee with a server for this tournament! For more information on ServerBlend, please visit: https://serverblend.com/
MEDIEVAL ENGINEERS THE GRAND MELEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is open to legal residents of any country or state, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Keen Software House as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Registration will be accepted online starting on 16/10/2018, 16:30 UTC
and ending 30/10/2018, 21:59 UTC. The winners will be announced on 12/11/2018, 13:00 UTC.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry to https://battlefy.com/keen-software-house/the-grand-melee/5bbb68d83f085f03a1410e40/info?infoTab=details. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Keen Software House.
5. General guidelines: Banner submissions for the winners of the Grand Melee (1st, 2nd & 3rd place) must include: a screenshot of how your banner looks in the game, a background image, 512x512 PNG file, a foreground image, 512x512 PNG file, the screenshot should have a minimum resolution of 1080p, and you must not use copyrighted material in your banner designs. Keen Software House will automatically be granted the right to use and modify any and all entries for any and all purposes, whether or not the entrant is declared a winner.
6. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will have their custom banner added to the game. The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by Keen Software House. The prize is non transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Keen Software House to use and or/modify Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade, on the Keen Software House website and social media accounts, and in Keen Software House games, without further compensation.
7. Marek Rosa CEO, Creative Director, Founder, Keen Software House CEO, CTO, Founder, GoodAI will officially carry out the duties of Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Marek Rosa. Three winners will be notified via email at the end date of the tournament. Keen Software House shall have no liability for any Entrant’s or Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to acknowledge the prize, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected, or Keen Software House will automatically be granted the right to use and modify the entry for all purposes. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Keen Software House, acting on behalf of Keen Software House and Keen Software House’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Keen Software House. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Keen Software House from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Keen Software House may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Keen Software House reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Keen Software House’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Keen Software House may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Keen Software House. Keen Software House reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Keen Software House has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made Keen Software House reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Keen Software House and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the Czech Republic having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor(s): The Sponsors of the Campaign are Keen Software House, located in Prague, Czech Republic and ServerBlend, registered in England and Wales.
13. The Campaign hosted by Keen Software House is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
14. By submitting an entry, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Thanks for reading and good luck!
Medieval Engineers is still in development. Everything in the game is subject to change.